A way for benefactors to set aside your giftA living trust allows a contributor to leave a meaningful gift to your nonprofit organization by naming the organization as a beneficiary. Upon the death of the contributor, a living trust can also be converted to a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust.
Bremer can help your nonprofit organization administer a living trust, providing expert management of invested funds and experienced, professional administrative services.
Contact a nonprofit business banker
at the Bremer office nearest you.
A living trust can benefit your contributors in several ways:
- Allows a gift to the charity of their choice
- Avoids probate for assets contributed to the trust
- Provides protection in case of incapacity
- Assists with bill paying, income collection, and record keeping
- Simplifies records and tax information
- Eliminates investment responsibilities
- Allows control over assets during lifetime
- Allows control over distributions after death
- Provides estate tax savings