At Bremer, we understand land and legacies. We also know farming is demanding work, and there may come a time when you no longer have the health, interest or ability or proximity to manage the responsibilities of your farm.
If you are retiring from farming or have inherited farmland, and you want to continue to own the land without the burden of doing the work yourself, Bremer’s Farm Management team can assist.
We start with your goals
We begin by defining your goals, whether they include generating income, maintaining productivity, maximizing return on investment, passing your land on to your heirs, or conservation and wildlife preservation.
We offer a number of services
Once we understand your goals, our Farm Management team will work with you to provide the services you need. We can help you:
- Select a quality farm operator or tenant, handle lease negotiations to get fair market rental value, and monitor your lease as needed
- Ensure the renter uses proper farming practices to maintain or improve land productivity
- Conduct farm inspections and supervise projects and repairs
- Monitor participation in and compliance with applicable USDA government programs, including the evaluation and management of Farm Service Agency documents and forms
- Provide accounting services and distribute net income
- Recommend and/or obtain insurance for property, farm, liability and crops
- Assist with tax preparation and planning
- Ensure proper management of co-op ownership shares
- Serve as a main contact on all farm matters and manage communication with the operator or tenant, and the USDA Farm Service Agency
We help to preserve your legacy
You’ve worked tirelessly to build a life and legacy on your farm, and we can appreciate that. Now, let the Farm Management team at Bremer Trust do the work for you, so you can continue the land legacy you and your family have worked so hard to build.