Bremer Bank makes it easy to support your most important asset. We work with business owners to provide retirement benefit plans that can help attract and retain top talent, and can help their employees pursue their financial goals with confidence.
Comprehensive, best-in-class retirement solutions
Bremer Institutional Advisory is a local provider of retirement solutions designed to empower your employees to take control of their finances, while simplifying plan administration for you. Our experienced institutional trust advisors will work with your team to choose the solutions that are right for your business.
Local, in-person support focused on results
Take the burden off your staff and rely on our experienced relationship managers to guide your employees through the process of selecting the plan that's right for their goals.
- An innovative participant experience that engages your employees via the channels they prefer, and is proven to motivate increased savings and financial wellness
- Local, in-person consultation for plan sponsors and participants, including fiduciary services from dedicated relationship managers
- Cutting-edge, personalized communications strategies that utilize automation and are proven to increase engagement and drive positive behavior
- A suite of financial wellness resources, including investment support from experienced portfolio managers and financial services experts
Seamless record keeping and plan administration
We offer a fully integrated record keeping system that creates efficiencies and reduces manual administration while utilizing the most sophisticated security protocols available. You focus on your business, let us handle the details.
- In-person group and individual employee education meetings
- One-on-one financial consultation with experienced financial advisors
- Regular plan and investment reviews to ensure alignment with your goals
- Investment analysis and reporting from industry-leading partners, including Morningstar, Bloomberg and Fi360
- Guidance in developing investment policy statements
- Consultation on optimal plan design and communications strategies
- Delivering required participant communications and notices
Flexibility to choose the right funds for your plan
We offer investment services to help you evaluate and choose the right funds for your plan. We start by looking at thousands of non-proprietary mutual funds to help you evaluate and choose the right funds for your plan. Then we conduct regular investment reviews to ensure the plan keeps meeting the needs of you and your participants.
Participants pay no commissions, front-end loads or back-end loads. And participants benefit from flexibility, including the ability to make changes daily. Participants can also change deferrals and asset allocations online or by phone.
Ensure full compliance with regulatory standards
We act as an ERISA 3(21) fiduciary and institutional trustee ensuring impartial expertise, plan qualification and compliance with regulatory standards. As trustee of your plan, we have shared responsibility to make sure the plan is always in compliance.
We stay up to date on regulatory changes and guide you through any actions necessary to make sure your plan stays fully compliant, including:
- IRS pre-approved 401(k)/403(b) plan document
- Signature-ready Form 5500, Form 8955-SSA and Summary Annual Report (SAR)
- Year-end non-discrimination testing, including 401(k) ADP, 401(m) ACP, top-heavy and 415 annual additions
- Annual participant regulatory notifications
Leave employee education to us
Our local Bremer Bank relationship managers will educate participants about the details of your plan and provide investment guidance at your location. We also provide the following support materials:
- Comprehensive enrollment services
- In-person and web-based training
- Interactive participant website, including financial planning solutions
- Complimentary investment advisory services available from Bremer Investment Services
Employee Retirement Plan Options
Your employees have differing financial goals. Bremer Institutional Advisory offers a variety of best-in-class retirement plan options to support their needs, including:
- 401(k) Plans
- 403(b) Plans
- Profit Sharing Plans
- Pension Plans