Our privacy policies
Consumer privacy statement
Download a current copy of our Privacy Statement (pdf).
1. Information we collect
1.1 Information we collect and receive
In order for you to use our Site and Services, we need to collect and process certain types of information. Depending on your use of our Site and Services, this may include:
- Information you provide to us by contacting us: Any personal information you may provide to us when you email, fax, mail, or call us, such as name, phone number, employer, and any other details you provide in your communications. Bremer may also request your contact information for the purposes of having someone contact you for additional information, or in response to your request for information from us;
- Information you provide to us by completing forms on our Site or mobile application, for example, this may include your name, contact, and address information, and any other information you may provide in the forms on our website;
- Information you provide us by signing up for our online Services: For example, if you enroll in Online Banking, we may collect the information you provide to us throughout the process;
- Information about the ways people visit and interact with our Site, such as traffic analytics, geolocation information, and other statistics; and
- Information about your activity through our Services, including your device information (such as your IP address, the type of device or browser you use, and your actions on the Site).
We will only use personal information to provide you with information, products, or services you have requested, or for other purposes set out in this Policy. We may use aggregate information from which individual identities have been removed for other purposes.
1.2 Information from children
Bremer does not knowingly solicit or collect any personal information from anyone under 13 years of age, and children under 13 are not permitted to register for or use our Site or Services, including by subscribing to receive information from Bremer. Parents can contact customer support to access, change, or delete the personal information that has been submitted by a child. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it.
1.3 Cookies and tracers
2. How we use information
Bremer may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To deliver our Services;
- To provide customer support;
- To assist in processing any transactions you make on our Site;
- To keep your information secure;
- To alert you about product updates, special offers, updated information and other news and services from Bremer;
- To ensure our website and services are relevant to you and your interests;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you; and
- To contact you in response to sign up forms, requests, or surveys.
3. How information may be shared
Bremer will never sell or rent any of your personal information, and we will never share your personal information publicly without your consent. However, we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect our products and Services. For example, we may partner with other companies to store your data to support delivery of our Services. Whenever we share data with third-party services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized, and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
We also reserve the right to disclose personal information when it is reasonably necessary to conduct our business, protect Bremer’ legal rights and property, and to comply with the law or law enforcement. Otherwise, your personal information is never shared with any individual or other organization.
4. Protection of your personal information
We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and process. Bremer has therefore put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information that Bremer collects. Access to personal information will be restricted to our authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties.
Remember, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen, or where we have given you a user name and password for access to certain parts of the Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping the user name and password confidential. No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so Bremer cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. Email notifications
We give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send. For example, we may send you email relating to the Services we offer. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time. You can always opt out of receiving email information or mobile device notifications from Bremer (other than certain transactional or required communications), by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 800-908-2265 stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email or mobile device notification, you may send us a return email or mobile device communication asking to be omitted from future email or mobile device distributions.
6. California residents only
Users or Site visitors residing in California may have certain rights regarding their personal information that they supply to Bremer. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights may include 1) the ability to request a copy of the information we have collected about you during the previous 12 months, as well as the right to review our data collection practices related to you, (a “Personal Information Request”); 2) the ability to request deletion of your personal information; 3) and the right not to be discriminated against due to your exercise of any of the preceding rights. While these rights are not globally applicable, our customers are entitled to access the personal information that we hold about them. To ensure that your personal information is accurate and complete, please contact us through the email address below regarding any errors or updates affecting the personal information that we may hold.
You may also call us at 800-908-2265 to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that we hold about you. To protect your privacy and security, Bremer may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, correcting, or deleting data. We will generally respond to your request for information within 45 days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case, you will be advised accordingly. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
7. Questions, comments or complaints
8. Updates and changes to this policy